Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

Dear Charlotte,

With less than four weeks until your expected arrival, mommy and daddy have tackled many of the items on our to-do list. Your nursery is done. Daddy has assembled all of your baby gear and mommy has washed, folded, and hung all of your newborn clothes, blankets, little hats and booties. Your car seat is installed in the car. Our hospital bags are packed and currently sit by the door waiting for go time. So little girl, you can come out any time now... we are as ready for you as we'll ever be.

As much as I can't wait to meet you, a part of me is a little sad that our time together sharing mommy's belly will soon be ending. I will miss feeling your kicks and jabs and having you always with me. There will come a day when mommy won't be with you every minute of every day and it breaks my heart just thinking about it. Everyone tells me that I will be craving alone time once you're here and that I'll welcome my return back to work, I don't know about that but we'll see. For now, I'll try to look at it from a different perspective...I'll soon have you on the outside to hold and hug and kiss; we'll have a different kind of "together".

The last nine-plus months have flown by so quickly. I truly could not have asked for a more pleasant pregnancy, so thank you for not hurting me while you were growing. I hope this not hurting mommy "trend" continues well into labor. Daddy and I are hoping and praying that we'll have a smooth labor and delivery experience, so that mommy doesn't change her mind about one day giving you a little brother or sister. :)

Daddy joked that it's almost time to evict you from mommy's belly. But I told him our little girl will come out when she's good and ready, she won't be rushed. Just know that we are patiently waiting with excitement for you to come out and complete our little family. So, sweetheart, take your time but just to give you a heads up that sweaty, pasty-faced, screaming lady you'll first lay eyes on...that'll be mommy on the happiest day of her life. And don't worry the screaming part is supposed to happen, lol.

[Our packed hospital bag and your going home bag.]

[Picture of you at 36 weeks and 2 days.]

No comments:

Post a Comment